1. By entering “Film it & Show it: Living in Harmony Festival”, entrants agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by these terms and conditions will result in disqualification.
2.Films must have been made and completed by 30th March 2016.
3. Films must not be more than 10 minutes opening to closing credits.
4. Filmmaker, in this instance, will mean producer, director or writer.
5.Films must be uploaded by the filmmaker onto dropbox or google drive with the link included in the application form, or sending the file to VOIS Magazine. No hardcopy DVDS are to be submitted to the festival. Please check the quality of your film once uploaded.
6.For screening purposes, finalists will need to provide a High Definition MOV H264 file set to 24 frames per second, and with resolution 1920 x1080.
7.Applicants must register before submitting their film. The deadline is 6pm EST. 30th March 2016.
Films selected for the Festival must not be screened on social media until the Festival ends
8. Setting Film it & Show it Festival will not be responsible for damaged, lost, misdirected or unusable content.
9. Students entering a film in the competition must be over 18 years of age to enter. Any under-age students entering the competition , the child’s parent/ guardian has to read the terms and conditions and has consented.
10.Content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually, culturally or racially offensive will not be included.
11.A film under the threat of litigation, or facing litigation must not be entered.
12. An entrant is solely responsible for ensuring that all necessary copyright and other permissions for their film has been obtained prior to submitting their film. This includes, but not limited to, music, stock images, footage, photos, graphics and sound. Entrants warrant their film does not breach any of the intellectual rights, or any other rights, of any other person. Entrants will fully indemnify the Film it & show it Festival of any costs, loss, expenses, damages, or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party or another party.
13.By submitting a film into the festival, entrants authorise the Film it & show it Festival, the right to use their film, synopsis and details for publicity and promotional activities. An entrant grants the festival the right to cache, and store their content and grant a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and royalty free right and licence to use and distribute their content online, through its website, its YouTube /and or Facebook. Channel, and the websites of partner networks and sponsors.
14.The judges’ decision is final and no discussion will be entered.
15.Finalists will receive one free ticket to the Award ceremony
16. Films may be moved for judging into different categories at the discretion of the Festival Director.
17.The Festival Director may include films in the festival that fall outside of the judging criteria. These films will not be part of the competition.