This summer vacation when I went back to my home country, India, a great friend of mine asked me to bring a full-on Punjabi Butter Chicken Recipe. I was quite amazed at the fact that all he wanted is this recipe. So, I went to an aunt of mine to get the best recipe. Thanks to him and my aunt, I am sharing this recipe with all of you.
- Dried fenugreek leaves (or kasoori methi)
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder
- Butter Chicken Masala (Available at Indian Grocery store)
- Coriander leaves
- and, of course, Chicken!!!!
All the ingredients are to be added as per taste and quantity of chicken to be cooked. If you can’t eat very spicy foods then a pinch or two is enough of red chilli powder as there will be additional spices such as the butter chicken masala. In my entire life I have never used a kitchen scale or measure to determine the quantity required.
We require a pan, a ladle, few bowls, knife, chopping board and spoons for cooking.
- Chop ginger, garlic and onion into small pieces
- Heat oil in the pan
- Add chopped vegetables from step 1 to the heated pan
- Add dried fenugreek leaves, salt, red pepper and butter chicken Masala.
- Stir until mixture turns reddish brown
- Now wash and add the chicken. Roast until golden
- Before eating, pour cream over chicken and heat it again
Your butter chicken is ready to eat. Top-it off with coriander leaves.
Special Ingredient: Love. Always remember to cook with the heart to get an amazing dish. In the words of Dylan Jones “Recipes don’t work unless you use your heart!”
Please feel free to leave your comments or if you think I missed something I will be more than happy to hear your views and advice.
Last modified: March 23, 2016