The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) have released the new Skilled Occupations List (SOL) for 2016-17. This list will be in effect from 1st July 2016.
Two new occupations have been added to the SOL from 1st July 2016, these are:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711)
A few of occupations have been removed from the SOL list from 1st July 2016, these are:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).
There are 4777 places for accountants in the 2016-2017 program year, but half of the places will be set for applicants in 2015-2016 and the rest will be for 2016-2017 applications. The situation is also the same with the occupation ceiling of chef’s applications.
For more information about the Occupation List and Ceiling: Australian Government – Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Last modified: July 4, 2016