The weekend is coming already, friends will visit your house soon to celebrate the joy of spring. How to give the best treat to your visitors? The perfect chocolate chip cookies are within your grasp. Cookies are always the best choice to drink with tea or coffee or by itself.
Ingredients (makes around 25 medium size cookies)
- 120g plain flour + 30g cocoa powder (or use 150g plain flour if you don’t have cocoa powder)
- 115g butter
- 115g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon (2g) baking powder
- 100-130g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 50g of any nuts that you prefer: walnuts, almonds etc.
- Butter and egg are at room temperature
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the butter until smooth(about 15 secs). Gradually add sugar and beat at medium speed until combined(about 5 minutes)
- Add the egg, beat until combined
- Shift the flour in bowl 1 into bowl 2 and beat until combined. Add in chocolate chip (and nuts), then mix until they’re evenly distributed in your batter
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put inside the fridge for about 40 mins
- Preheat the oven at 170 degree Celsius. Line your baking tray with baking paper
- Scoop out small balls from the batter and put them on the tray about 3-5cm apart from each other.
- Bake on the middle rack at 175 degree Celsius for about 15 mins
- Take the tray out of the oven and lower the degree to 110. Wait until the temperature falls to the desired degree and put the tray back in for another 10 minutes.(This will ensure your cookies are crispy all the time. You can do this step later on if you don’t have time after finish baking.)
- Wait until the cookies cool down and store them in your container.
Here go, your crispy and crunchy cookies. A favourite for chocolate addicted like me!